Friday, November 4, 2016

My Mama

When I get tired of the grind and the long hours of my job which sometimes leave me weary and feeling sorry for myself, I feel a bit of guilt. At the same time, my gratitude and admiration for my Mama grows. As a child, I was provided with everything I needed and most of what I wanted. Not getting everything I wanted was good and I learned to work for the frills. I watched her get up every day without complaining to go to work for me, my brother and Daddy. She was sole breadwinner because Daddy had a massive disabling heart attack when I was about 12. They made sure I went to college and when times got hard for me afterwards, she paid my student loan payments for a year. When it was time to come home (as an adult) during a divorce, she provided a soft landing with no guilt. She bought a trailer and put it on her land and my son and I were able to catch our breath and he witnessed the great love and devotion of my parents. And as for my Mama, he says, "Grandma gives 'Christian' a good name." In fact, when my now adult son found life hard, he found the same loving, soft landing. Just what I am feeling this morning. I love that woman you all know as Bobbie with the sweet smile and tender eyes. God blessed me good.

No comments:

Post a Comment